Follow these simple steps and you will get where you are going easily, conveniently and safely:
• We can help you plan your trip. Find out what bus you need to take by checking the routes in this brochure or by calling CTA’s Information Line at 1-866-206-8843 during operating hours. Tell the Information Specialist where you are & where you want to go. The Information Specialist will give you complete instructions.
• Wait for the bus at the bus stop. CTA stops are identified by white bus stop signs with the CTA logo and phone number.
• CTA bus drivers try very hard to stay right on schedule, so get to your stop a few minutes early to make sure you don’t miss the bus. Check to make sure you’re getting on the right bus. Each CTA bus shows its destination and route number on signs above and below the front windshield.
• Please have your money ready and enter the bus through the front door and pay your fare in the farebox located at the top of the steps. You need to have the exact change or a pass and CTA ID card. CTA bus drivers do not make change. The farebox will take most coins and dollar bills. You can save yourself the trouble of carrying correct change by purchasing daily, 3-day or 31-day passes. All are available on the bus or at the CTA offices. CTA also has special fare programs for senior citizens, students & people with disabilities.
• Sit anywhere you like, however seats near the front door are reserved for elderly and mobility-impaired passengers. You may carry on baby strollers, carts, and other small items; just make sure they don’t block the aisle.
• When you get close to your destination, pull the stop cord or press the yellow tape above your head or between the windows. This lets the driver know you want to get off at the next stop. Remember that bus drivers can only stop at designated bus stops & where it is safe.
• Your CTA bus driver has the responsibility and authority to enforce CTA rules and policies. A copy of the CTA Passenger Conduct Rules is posted in every vehicle and at the CTA Transit Centers.
• Please report any disturbance or suspicious activity immediately to your bus driver.
• Service Animals accompanying people with disabilities are welcome at CTA. The owner is not required to show proof of certification of the animal. No other animals or pets are permitted. Contact the CTA office for a copy of the CTA Policy on Service Animals.