Press Release – March 30, 2020 3:00 P.M.
Subject: CTA Coronavirus (COVID-19) Response
In response to COVID-19 impacts to the Gulf Coast Community, CTA is implementing several measures to ensure the health and welfare of the public and all CTA employees.
Effective Saturday March 21, 2020 the following measures will be implemented on a temporary basis:
- Fare collection will be suspended on all fixed routes and demand response services.
- All fixed route services will be reduced to 90-minute headway intervals only. The Beachcomber and Pass Road RT 34 will be affected, with an increase from 45 to 90-minute headway intervals. See the CTA website www.coasttransit.com for new route time information.
- CTA asks that riders use the fixed route services for essential travel only such as healthcare, nutrition and work.
- Demand response service will be restricted to health and nutrition purposes only.
- Passengers must not sit in the front of the bus. They must maintain social distancing of 6 feet unless traveling together. Passengers must observe cough etiquette, social distancing and must comply with driver instructions or be subject to removal.
- The Biloxi Transit Center and Gulfport Transit Center will be closed to the public.
Click HERE for route schedules and timetables
“We need the full cooperation of the community to get
through this crisis” said CTA Executive Director Kevin Coggin.