Press Release – April 25, 2020
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Subject: Resumption of Fixed Route Bus Services
In response to Governor Reeve’s COVID-19 related Executive Order No. 1466, April 1, 2020, directing a statewide Shelter In Place order, CTA discontinued all fixed route bus services. On April 24, Governor Reeves issued Executive Order No. 1477, Safer at Home Order, authorizing an easement of travel restrictions that allows Essential Travel with restrictions on April 27. In response to this directive, CTA will reestablish fixed route bus service with compliance to those restrictions on Tuesday, April 28.
CTA will operate fixed route bus services on all routes from 7 a.m. – 7 p.m., Monday through Saturday. There will not be any service on Sunday. Fixed route related ADA service will be available during the times that fixed routes operate, with the same restrictions. ADA trip reservations can be made by calling CTA dispatch, 228-896-8080, between 8 a.m. – 5 p.m., Monday through Saturday.
For the safety of our essential employees and the public, service will operate with the following conditions/restrictions:
- Fixed routes will operate on a 90-minute schedule. Number of buses operating per route will be as follows: 1 bus/trolley on Casino Hopper, Beachcomber, Route 4, Route 7, Route 37, and Route 38. 2 buses on Route 34.
- Standard fare collection schedule will be in place
- Passengers must keep their mouth and nose covered at all times when on a bus or in passenger waiting facilities
- Bus and facility capacity will be limited to 10 passengers at a time
- Purpose of trips shall be limited to medical, nutrition and employment
- Social distancing (6 ft.) shall be observed
- Passenger Code of Conduct rules will be enforced
Click HERE for altered route schedules
CTA is enthusiastic to do our part to help open our community in appropriate phases, get people back to work and support the economy in a safe and sensible manner.
For detailed information call us at 228-896-8080, visit us at www.coasttransit.com or our Facebook page.