October 28, 2020
Subject: Tropical Storm/Hurricane Zeta Evacuation Information
Harrison County will open shelters starting at 2 p.m. tomorrow, October 28. The two shelters opening will be County Farm Road in Gulfport and Saucier/Lizana.
CTA will transport people to these shelters for 2 hours starting at 2 p.m. CTA will cease providing transportation at 4 p.m. If you need to evacuate and are not registered with us already, call 896-8080. Anyone evacuating should bring the following essential items for each member of the family with them to the shelter:
- Prescriptions and emergency medications
- Identification to show residence is in affected area and important personal documents
- Foods that meet unusual dietary requirements
- Extra clothing, pillows, blankets, hygiene supplies and other comfort items
- Supplies needed for children and infants, such as diapers, formula and toys
- Special items for family members who are elderly or disabled
- Chargers for any electronic devices you bring with you
- Books, games and other ways to entertain your family and yourself
- Face coverings
- Hand sanitizer
- If you plan to bring a pet, it will need to be in a pet carrier and you will have to remain with the animal.
Even if you are registered for CTA’s Hurricane Evacuation, you will still need to call to schedule your ride to the shelter.
Please continue to monitor the storm by tuning in to local news/radio stations for the most up to date information. We will update our information, as needed, on the CTA Facebook page and our website www.coasttransit.com. Stay safe.
“We Keep the Gulf Coast Rolling for You”